Old School Wrestling Academy (based at Aliso Niguel High School), will be kicking off their youth program again this Spring after a Covid hiatus. We feature an experienced coaching staff and many great volunteers. Our coaching staff features:
- Mehdi Kaveh- 3 time Iranian National Champion, World Cup Medalist, Assistant Coach at Brown
University for 8 years along with countless years spent with youth wrestling on the East Coast
- Ralph Tovar- 3x state medalist, State Champion in 2015 (Poway)- years of wrestling and coaching
- Greg Colwell- head coach Aliso Niguel Boys team- 15 years coaching experience with many CIF
and Master's placers during tenure
- Rich Trevino- Head Coach Aliso Niguel Girl's team- 25 years coaching experience, OC Girls Coach
of the year in 2019.
- Harrison Mast- Assistant Coach and youth Club Director- 7 years of coaching experience and
particular in running a youth club
Our wrestling club will focus on both Folkstyle and Freestyle wrestling techniques, with an emphasis on getting youth wrestlers ready to compete in regional and state tournaments. Combined we have over 70 years of coaching experience in our staff and are ready to help the youth wrestlers of Orange County and surrounding communities take the next step.
We will be holding practices for our youth club from 5- 6:30 pm on Mondays/Wednesdays with a possible advanced class added on Tuesday/Thursday if we have enough interest.
We will be holding a FREE CLINIC on Saturday, March 19 from 9:30- 11:30 AM if you want to come check out our program and meet our coaches. A Flyer is Attached.
I have also attached the flyer for the Spring/Summer sessions here. Please contact Coach Colwell at email@example.com for more information or to reserve your spot today!
Coach Greg Colwell
OS Wrestling Academy
Aliso Niguel Wrestling